Saturday, January 4, 2014

Breaking in the new year with a Bath

Hello 2014! I know this year is gonna be eventful, I just know it!


2014 NEW YEAR RESOLUTION : Worry less, spend less, love more and be patient with assholes.


Couple of days back, I spent New Years Day visiting my friend Darrion in Bath, Somerset. In spite of having tons of unfinished work and chores, I decided to screw it and go for a holiday instead. (because yolo)

I was too lazy to charge my camera on New Years Eve because after I came home I was just too tired to do anything. Wanted to shower, put on my jammies, hop into bed and watch the countdown on BBC :P Well, I ended up complaining throughout my trip that I should have brought my camera because Bath was absolutely beautiful! :( And all I had was my sucky iPhone camera. It really doesn't do Bath any justice! The views were absolutely surreal and.. I'm just gonna post pictures.



First arrived at Bath welcomed by the rain and the winds. It was absolutely terrible -_- It was cold and windy and I was wearing my stupid pair of sneakers that had a hole at the bottom u_u 


Had my first meal of 2014! Fish and Chips at this place called Frankie and Benny's. I don't usually take pictures of my food but Darrion was doing it and.. and.. PEER PRESSURE D:


Still wet and rainy. I pick the BEST times to go traveling don't I.  Anyways, got to Darrion's place and had the most amazing shower ever. My first shower in Bath. eheh and it was freaking awesome!

Okay this is where I start to sound like a really deprived kid but.. UNLIMITED HOT WATER! WHOO! And the pump was super strong, I had to turn the water down because it was so strong it hurt! And and, the water was so hottttt ahhh :) At my host's, I only get to shower for a limited time before the hot water runs out, so... this was heaven to me!

 best shower of my life

After settling down and all, Darrion and I decided to order a Chinese take-away. And so happen that Yang's dorm was nearby so we all got a takeaway together and watched The Hot Chick, the movie where the girl turns into Rob Schneider. CLASSIC.


NEXT MORNING! I forced Darrion to get up early just to have breakfast :3 But first! He took me to see the lake in campus! 


Far shot because the ground was still quite muddy and.. lazy.


Awesome awesome view. Bath university students are so so lucky they get to wake up to this everyday :)) This lake kicks Taylor Lakeside's lake's ass.


Took a bus into town and had breakfast at Wetherspoons! I swear, Wetherspoons is my ultimate breakfast place now. I need a Croydon Wetherspoons buddy D:


 That weird black thing is a mushroom. 


After breakfast, we walked around town and I followed Darrion to get a haircut. I've never been to an all gents barber before :3






Royal Victoria Park. It's empty because there's an entrance fee :P



Darrion and I! I'm small :( 


And according to Darrion and other sources, this is the place where they shot the suicide scene of Jean Valjean in Les Misérables. :O


Half-faced selfie





Some random posh Bed and Breakfast


Walked around and found this park. So we decided to sit on the bench and chill for a bit. Then! 2 squirrels approached us! It was a real shame we didn't have food on us D: I've never fed squirrels before and that was such a good opportunity cause the squirrels came up to us! arghhh :((


 Went back to town and we went to this place called Sally Lunn. Apparently, it's this world famous bun shop .-. So, what the heck, worth a try :)



Waited in the cold for 30 minutes.

 Lemon curd bun! Was crazy delicious wei :3

At night, met up with Yang and Chai for Chai's pre-birthday dinner! The Japanese shop Darrion suggested was closed so we decided to seek refuge in Wagamama :3 Since the weather was starting to become crap.


Yay rice :3


AAAAND, that is all :) I would definitely love to re-visit Bath :( But I honestly cannot drop everything and leave once college begins. And bringing work on a trip is definitely a no-no for me. So.. Until next time, Bath )': Thank you Darrion for bringing me around and waking up before 12 HAHA!



No comments: