Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Lonely movie nights

Yesterday I was SO BORED. Came home, had no homework and Wednesday(today) is the only day I don't have test periods, so I didn't have to study (:P), andd, I was feeling a bit down and lonely :/ So I decided to watch a sad romantic movies to kill time :/

Couldn't think of any, I even googled "Sad movies to watch after a break-up" -_- And even though I'm not recently broken-up, I just wanted something to trigger my emotions, cause well, I felt sad :( Everything that came up in the lists were all so "meh" So I decided to pick my own movie. THEN! I remembered Blink 182's "I Miss You" where it goes something like
We could live like Jack and Sally if we want,
Where you can always find me,
We'll have Halloween on Christmas 

SOOOO, it inspired me to watch Nightmare before Christmas! :) I thought like, HEY! Sounds like a very eerie, creepy, love story, why not?


WRONG! It was not romantic at all, 90% of the time "Jack" was trying to be the main character, finding the "good feeling" inside of him and finding another purpose in life. And Sally is this sad, creepy looking rag doll creature who cares for Jack, a LOT. Like a little fan girl. So yeah.

Then towards the end, he finally realizes that Sally's his "good feeling" he's looking for. And what, that lasted 30 seconds. Then the credits start to roll. -__- Super potong wei. seriously.

The story line felt so genuine and original, but it wasn't what I was looking for :/ I still prefer Tim Burton's Corpse Bride to this though. Even though Corpse Bride was a bitttt creepy. But there's still something hauntingly beautiful about Emily :) I think I've said this before ._. De javu whoaa :/

OKAY! So the movie for tonight is,



I hope it's good! Otherwise, see me ranting tomorrow about it :P Goodnight!

No comments: