Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My second day ; Less painful!


Today wasn't much different from yesterday (: But I was scared I'd be late today so I woke up early and took the super early bus. Turns out I was 1 hour earlier -___- the heck!

So I just sat on the bench and played Temple Run, like every other normal anti-social Asian person.

Did the normal stuff, but this time I got to see the animals run into the pens from their stables, and it was pretty cool, especially the ponies, they like gallop into the pens so quickly cause they have food there :P The lambs were running too, bleating and running at the same time :P The goats a bit sesat. HAHAHAH! (Sesat meaning lost in Malay) :P ahhaha! It was like bumping into each other and the metal bars *facepalms* And to be honest, goats scare me :/ They're just kinda scary when they stare blankly at you :/ Can't imagine working on a goat farm now ): ): BUT I STILL HOPE TO DO IT WHEN I GO BACK :DD

Mm nothing much, mucking up wasn't too bad cause I was SORT of getting the hang of it. Did it in a pretty short time B) Then went into the Reptile room and they let me handle the adult corn snake! (: (Though they're not really that big)


Sorry this is like a google image cause again, but the colours and the size(Okay maybe a bit bigger) looked exactly like the one i handled! I didn't wanna take photos and be like one of those, OH YEA LOOK IM VOLUNTEERING, I'M LIKE, SOOOO COOL? *bimbo voice* just to get comments like, oh my amanda, you're so nice and all those shit. *I kid you not, they're people like that, and they piss me off* And I'm only putting up "journal posts" cause writing a diary seems too short for me now :/ Like I have so many things to say, but so few lines!

And the most exciting part is, I played with her for like an hour plus! And little kids just come up to me like, CAN I TOUCH IT (in a super adorable British accent) And I'd go okay sure, stroke it gently! And they're like, touch, giggle giggle, touch again, MUMMMYYYYY! I WANNA GET A CORN SNAKE TOOOOOOO! Mum says no, they whine. TOTALLY LIKE ME! I would whine if my mum wouldn't let me get one, which would be most likely cause I doubt my parents would be comfortable with a snake in the house, since we Chinese people say a lot of bad stuff bout snakes, how evil and cunning they are and stuff :/ There's even a superstition, that if you play musical instruments at night, the snakes will come. And I had to follow that "rule" ever since I was a kid, until I got to like Grade 8, and I was busy with school work and tuitions back when I was 16, and I had no choice but to play the piano at night :/


So yes, I got to play with snakes. She wrapped her body round me and tried to squeeze me but since she's so silky and smooth, she just slid right off :P

Oh andd! I got to feed a snake with a dead mouse! :D I just dangled the mouse with a pair of clippers in front of it, and in like 2 seconds, it struck the mouse. IT HAPPENED SO FAST, I just opened the door, put it in front of it, BOOM! It was gone. So so quick! SO AMAZING!

But what I learnt that was really interesting was how it strikes it's prey. First it sees the prey, then the snake closes its eyes, and then it solely relies on its heat sensors to catch the prey. It actually closed its eyes before it strikes! Which I think is so cool @_@

Dum dum dum, got scratched by ferrets :/ Still having the red scars on my arms. Nothing much!


Goodnight! (:

No comments: