Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Bristol getaway!

So much for a getaway, we were caught in the eye of the storm.

So yea. Wasn't the BEST time to go traveling -__- Part of me wished I could just stay home, drink green tea and study all day. But well. I was already on the bus to Bristol when I read the news so *shrugs* 

I arrived on Sunday afternoon, Bryan picked me up, and we went to eat McDs! (inner child goes yay) At night we ordered a takeaway and watched Movie 43. Retarded but hilarious :3 But then again, I have pretty low standards when it comes to movies so meh.

p/s: Okay I'm starting to get hungry, so I'm gonna let the pictures illustrate my trip
pp/s: Oh and also, these photos are chronologically in order, so you can see how PMS-y the weather was on Monday -__-
ppp/s: Oh and sorry for the crooked/tilted/slanted photos. I'm horrible when it comes to taking photos :( My photo-taking skills are bad, and I should feel bad :(


Brunch at Wetherspoons


Bristol museum! (Shelter from the storm)


Badass Ichthyosaur display

Nothosaurus fossil and places to charge your phone. Just kidding, thats not a Nothosaurus

More badass Ichthyosaur displays

Dinosaur bones + failed selfie

Stuffed dead bats

Hi Mr Giraffe, we meet again!

One of University of Bristol's buildings 

Still, University of Bristol's buildings

What a beautiful view :) (Sadly my photo is slanted, YET AGAIN)

Panaroma view of College Green

Then the weather started getting shitty again

AND THEN IT WAS FINE AGAIN!


Then it got shitty again. So we ran for shelter in a cafe :/

And then it got better! Rainbow :))

I love autumn!

AAAAAND, after then the weather got shitty again, so I stopped taking photos




AND THAT'S ALL FOLKS :) Just glad to be home in Croydon safe and sound now.


This trip's plush buddy was..... Taco! :) I'm glad he's still white (not being racist)


When I first arrived in Bristol, I thought, THANK GOD I DIDN'T APPLY TO UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL! But after a day or two walking round, I finally reached the verdict, I don't regret not applying to University of Bristol.



Sure, the town wasn't as dead as I thought it would be, and I could potentially see a lot of places I'd be spending my time at (i.e Bristol museum :3) but the thing that put me off the most, was the cost of transport in Bristol. Buses were confusing, irregular and dead expensive, costing £2.90 for a single journey and £4.00 for a day travel pass, BUT they were super comfortable and clean. Still, pros do not outweigh the cons. And no way in hell am I cycling in the winter. 

No comments: