Saturday, October 19, 2013

Royal Veterinary College Late event




Hi! So on Thursday night, Rose and I attended an event organised by the Royal Veterinary College of London, one of the universities both of us are applying to. It started round 6.45 and it lasted till 10 at night. There were so many animals! (dead ones of course). So you could have said we had a wild night out.

Okay nevermind. So we arrived at RVC and we were just crazy amazed with everything that's going on. Here're some pictures!


WARNING SOME PICTURES MIGHT BE GRUESOME FOR THE FAINT HEARTED










A table of hearts and part of the lungs from different species ; Rabbit, cat, dog, cow, sheep and 2 horses





Size comparison ; Rose's hand and the heart of a rabbit




We even got to touch em and hold em!




 Then we also got to properly inspect a.. more bloody and less preserved cow's heart :)






Yup, just me casually sticking my hand in a artificial cow's ass




This is a haptic cow simulator. Basically you put your hand in this machine thingy, and it lets you feel the insides of a cow, virtually of course. And you could feel for it's aorta, uterus and so on! It was pretty cool :3 It was designed to teach vet students how to tell whether a cow is pregnant or not, which I think is really clever! 





Me being overly excited standing next to an elephant skeleton




Then we got to check out their anatomy museum, which was HUGE! And it had so many different species in it, so it was super exciting!




The fox says nothing, cause it's dead.



There were some cool skeletons




Giraffe skull!



And some pretty freaky ones



Rhesus monkey skeleton (Monkey skeletons look so creepy)





A model showing the spine of a cat





Last but not least, Rose and I! :)


It was a super eventful night! Even though I got home pretty late and my feet were sore and I had to study for a chemistry test, ALL WAS GOOD :))) I had loads of fun walking round asking questions, checking out different booths and talking to RVC students! It made me even more certain that Veterinary Medicine was the right course for me. It would be really a dream come true if I got picked to study here (':






After a long day, FINALLY IN MY PJS! :))


No comments: