Saturday, May 26, 2012

18, but some things just never change (:


PRE-NOTIFICATION : I'm sorry I'm about to sound like a total brat, either being too whiny or too braggy, it's just cause I went through one of the roughest days in this year ): If you can't help but roll your eyes whilst reading this post, just do yourself a favour and stop reading.

This is me, trying to sign up for a Tesco Clubcard on 20th May :P

I know, why would I EVER need a Tesco Clubcard, it's not like I cook, or CAN COOK, for that matter -__- So the possibility of me buying groceries are like uhhh, never. And yes I know Tesco has other things than just groceries.

BUT ANYWAYS! Just wanted one cause, I want one!


This is my parents attempt to celebrate my birthday with me (':
It was kinda sad, cause I couldn't blow out the "traditional candle" that I blew out ever since I was a wee one ): My dad had to blow it out, on my behalf ):





My birthday this year was probably one of my most miserable ones :/ Yeah, birthdays are not supposed to be miserable! It's the day, every girl feels like a princess, and every boy feels like a.. Actually I don't know how guys are supposed to feel :/

But every birthday, I feel like a princess ): Guess I'm just very fortunate to be pampered like that every year ):

This birthday, I felt extra homesick, and the funny thing is, I've never felt homesick when I came to UK. It was pretty much, smooth sailing. I SAID PRETTY MUCH OKAY!

But none the less, my friends surprised me in school with a home-made cake and a birthday song (: (: Sweet Re Gin and Julius baked it for me! And everyone played along (: Even Elisa tricked me into teaching her maths so I wouldn't leave the cafeteria (:

It was a very sweet gesture (: (: And I know I shouldn't be complaining, but I really felt empty inside ): All I could think of is my family ): I really really missed them, and not to mention my friends back home ):


Don't get me wrong! The whole surprise was awesome (: But then after everyone grabbed a piece of cake and left, that empty feeling came flooding back again ): Gah, it's so hard to describe the bitter-sweet feeling ):

Oh and I don't feel the "joy" of being 18 :/ I tried to make life hard for my friends and told Naomi that "we're one step closer to death" then she replied "we've been a step closer to death ever since we were born" HAHA! So true (: Ahh, I can always count on my friends to cheer me up (':



Speaking of irreplaceables (': A special thank you to all my friends who went the extra mile to make me happy on my birthday (: (: Lovelies like Ling Hong calling me at 12am and we ended up chatting till almost an hour past 12! Mind you, she lives in a dorm :x


Wei wei with her super sweet Skype photo and message!! (: (:


Miyo (': and her super adorable, super thoughtful letter! <3 Recognized the hand writing straight away!

And all my friends who personally wished me in Whatsapp without the help of Facebook's "write on this fella's wall because it's her birthday" tool -__- All the messages made me really really happy (:

These are the simple reasons that get me through the day (': They just make me feel so loved, even though they could be half way across the world, they never fail to make me smile (:



TAKE THAT, TESCO!!


Random thought : If ever in doubt, always, play the clueless Asian ;)

No comments: