Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Of poetry, quadrilaterals and food.



Saw this 9gag post just now and wanted to share it on my blog!

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
I thought it was really good, then again, my standards are pretty low. If you can rhyme it, I will buy it. Haha!

But one thing that amazed me was that the cartoonist really made the poem come to life, I mean, I was about to go to sleep reading 9gag till I came across this. And for like the first time in, ever, I actually read a long worded post, till the end :x Usually I just whizz on by looking for "fail" photos or dumb cats doing dumb cat stuff or patronizing Asian posts.


I really really love the way the cartoonist made it fit in (well sort of) with all the events that was going on in the whole story line. And I'm really glad he decided to do this cause if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have known the existence of this poem, let alone the poet.

Then I did a little background search on this poem and the poet, what it's underlying meaning was and what drove him to wrote it. And I was really impressed by his style of writing (: Though it's a bit, or in this case, very dark but it reflects the "never give up, never give in" attitude, which really motivates me, and it reminded me of MCR! Which is one of the reasons I am still relatively sane today (: They've inspired me through their dark elements in their music, that life is not worth living if you constantly find faults in which your life could be better. Sure, it's good to reflect once in a while and see ways that you can improve, but if you do it all the time, you just end up getting too self-conscious and uptight. And as cheesy and cliché as this sounds, (I warn you in advance), Gerard Way has thought me to never give up on life. (:

*crowd jeers and boo-s and fat guy from the audience shouts CHEE-SYYY*.




You don't have to read all the words, but I "STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO DO SO" *another stupid phrase teachers say to make you feel bad"

Example:
Student : Do we have to write the essay on "How jet skiing reduces infertility?"
Teacher : No, you don't have to. But I would STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO DO SO.


*flips table*


Nah honestly, the main point of that super long "story-of-my-life" photo, is that Gerard Way KNEW what it's like to be a reject from society and thats what inspired him to write the awesome music I worship (: *not in a religious or satanic kind of way of course* I'm sure they're other singers out there who struggled with their lives, maybe some even worse than Gerard's. I really respect and admire their courage, and they're my role models (: Not to be a singer, duh -__-, to actually work hard towards what I hope to be in the future, and not settle for some dumbass job society expects me to take on.



Sorry for this weird post, I took a lot of time and effort trying to phrase it in a way that doesn't make me sound like a total artsy fartsy douchebag. Apparently, I failed.

##############################################################

Enough cheesy wheezy mushy stuff, time to hear about my day!


*groans*


I finished my C1 exam today! :D

And I GUARANTEE YOU, everyone who did the C1 paper would agree than question 9e = *jumps off a cliff*

Okay, for the few exceptional "know-it-alls" who managed to finish the damn question in 27.5 seconds. -rolls eyes-

But the exciting bit was what happened BEFORE the paper. Paper starts at 9am, I woke up at 8.30, panicked, and called a cab ;_: Cab = there goes my lunch money for the rest of the week.

*sighs* And cause I was busy warfing down my breakfast (Heh, I used warfing again), and the fact that I was so nervous for my C1, I didn't really put in effort to start a conversation with the cab driver :/ AND AS A RESULT, he charged me more than what I usually pay, IF I had made a conversation with him, I COULD HAVE GOTTEN A DISCOUNT.


Okay I over react, he charged me 20p extra. BUT STILL! I could have SAVED, that 20p, went back to Malaysia, converted it, and it could have gotten me... half a bag of Roller Coaster. TSK!


########################################################

Lastly, you KNOW you're food deprived, when you look at this, decide to take a photo, because you just feel too damn happy.


No comments: